Re: Is it possible to migrate a single mailbox from cyrus 3.4.3 to 3.6.0~beta2-1 storage?

On 23/03/2022 14:49, Andy Dorman wrote:
On 3/22/22 21:53, ellie timoney wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2022, at 12:53 PM, Andy Dorman wrote:
Hi Ellie. Something else has come up and I hope you or the Cyrus team
has a good solution cause I am at a loss.

We had a user with many thousands of emails (2GB+) on one of the servers
that was affected by the segfault.  While I was working the issue and
testing cyrus reconstruct to fix the mailboxes, one of our support
people helped this very busy user by creating a new mailbox for them on
the same server.

So now this user has a new mailbox using uuid storage (which Cyrus sees)
and their old mailbox (which Cyrus doesn't see) at
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/domain/B/redacted/S/user/redacted/

To clarify: does the new account have the same name as the original one?  Or does the new account have a new name?  In other words, could the two accounts sensibly coexist?

The new account has the exact same name.

So is there any simple way to move a single mailbox from the old to the
new uuid storage space?

This is what the missing relocate_by_id tool is for.  You could build Cyrus from source to get it, but if you can wait a little, I think it'd be less risky to wait for an updated Debian package that includes it.  Since presumably if you're using the Debian packages, then you aren't already in a habit of building Cyrus from source.

But a mailbox being in the old storage location is not a problem, as long as Cyrus expects it to be.  It sounds like from your previous success that reconstruct can figure out if it's in the wrong place and sort it out, so you'd only need the relocate_by_id tool for switching mailboxes to uuid storage when you're ready to.

I can not find the relocate_by_id tool and we use the debian packages. So I guess we will have until the debian maintainer includes it before we proceed to move the other addresses.

Looking at source, relocate_by_id tool doesn't exist in 3.6.0-beta2 (only mentioned in Cassandane::Cyrus::FastMail)