Re: Status of mail search on Cyrus 3?

On 2021-05-04 5:50, nate wrote:

I am running this now:
/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ctl_conversationsdb -v -b -r user

and it no longer appears to be stuck on the first mailbox.

(Per your skiplist question before, running 'file' on the various cyrus files
indicates they are in "Cyrus skiplist DB" format.)

Oops forgot to mention this yesterday too, the conversationsdb updated fine now, I tried to run this next, looking at the docs the command is squatter still it just will use Xapian backend per the config in imapd.conf, however
I get this error(which I got before as well) if I try to run it:

$  /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/squatter -r user
fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: lib/cyrusdb_twoskip.c: 2339: keylen

according to this(just found it):
https://cyrus.topicbox.com/groups/info/Te51e2ec19ad1744e-M74edf72091b87f5c5fbe85c3/squatter-not-used-after-upgrade-to-cyrus-3-0-8

Seems the tool doesn't like the command syntax. If I try against a specific
mailbox it says conversations are required but are not enabled.

I added this to my imapd.conf to enable them?
conversations: 1
(the man page is not clear on this:
https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/configs/imapd.conf.html
implies setting this value to 0 will enable it, when that didn't work I tried
1 and that seemed to get past that error)

then got an error:
cyrus/squatter[24756]: undefined search partition: t1searchpartition-default

After some checking I added this to imapd.conf and created the directory/set
permissions:
t1searchpartition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/search

Side-note: is there any README-style document or wiki or something that talks about enabling this functionality in Cyrus with just a default configuration?
Going by the man page alone for someone not familiar with the setup it's
not a straightforward operation which settings to enable and which commands
to run.

Running squatter again now appears to be doing work now. The inbox I chose has a bunch of folders with mail going back to 2003 so it will take some time
to finish.

thanks again!

nate