Re: squatter not used after upgrade to cyrus 3.0.8

On Fri, May 10, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Michael Menge wrote:
no the problem is not completly resolved jet.
See https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2598 for details.

I tested this right now on the 3.0 branch, and I can confirm there's an issue of matches not being found. I don't have an answer why this is so, yet. I'm working on it.

> I've put in my impad.conf:
>   search_engine: squat
>   search_fuzzy_always: 1

AFAIK the squat search engine does not support fuzzy search.
I am sure in my testing this setting didn't resolve the slow
search, but i don't remember if this setting did nothing,
or  failed to find anything at all or what else happened
with this configuration.

If I recall correctly, Cyrus uses the configured search engine only for fuzzy search. Non-fuzzy search is matched using the Cyrus-builtin routines, which will be slow: for body search it has to examine every message for that mailbox.

If your client is sending something like:

    C: 6 search body "body"

then it won't use the squat/xapian index, unless you have search_fuzzy_always set.

Cheers,
Robert
----
To Unsubscribe: