Re: squatter not used after upgrade to cyrus 3.0.8

Hi,

Quoting Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@xxxxxxxx>:

Le 17/09/2018 à 14:01:52+0200, Michael Menge a écrit
Hi,

we recently upgrade from Cyrus-Imapd 2.4.x to 3.0.8. After some initial
problems
which we could fix cyrus imapd 3.0.8 is running stable. The one remaining
problem
we receive reports about is, that the search is not working/too slow.

First we discovered that one of the options for Squatter are not supported
anymore, "-s Skip mailboxes whose index file is older than their current
squat file (within a small time delta)." and that squatter does not like
"-r" in combination with the source "user"

   > squatter -C /etc/imapd_be.conf -r  user
   fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed: lib/cyrusdb_twoskip.c:
2339: keylen

But after reindexing all mailboxes the search is still slow. I tried to
debug this and
found with strace that cyrus didn't try to open the cyrus.squat file for the
mailbox.

I suspect that I am missed some configuration change. So here is our
imapd.conf for our backends

If I'm correct you need :

  search_fuzzy_always: on

in your config.

If you can tell me if it's work...I would really appreciate. Because I
activated that but I'm not able to see if it's work really.

Thanks for your help.

I did tried it on my test server and it seems to be a bit faster,
but that could be due to caching. Strace still didn't show any access
to the cyrus.squat file.

For information: We only use squatter. No Xapia. And we had much faster
search with Cyrus-Imapd 2.3.x and 2.4.x. I don't have the timings form
the old system but our users are complaining and they receive timeouts
in our horde/imp webmailer, which they did't receive before.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Regards

   Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----