Re: "Management team"

Dear Mr Daley,
At 04:21 PM 21-04-2020, Jay Daley wrote:
Yes fair point - this could not be called a "delegated authority". Since the IESG asserts responsibility for "administering the meeting event" and with this being all that is documented (and nothing documented to the contrary) I think you can see why I follow that and so coordinate with them in the planning of meetings.

Last year, I read a blog article [1]: The following text caught my attention: "served on the Internet Engineering Steering Group (the board of the IETF)". I was a bit puzzled by the description of that group given that it does not match a description which I read several months or more before that. A few days ago, I read the thread about "Management team". In simple terms, the board of an entity is not part of the Management team.

Last year, I submitted an Internet-Draft [2]. I provided my view about some parts of the Internet Standards Process in that document, together with the logical basis for that view. One of the arguments made against the proposal was that it would be risky to adopt given that there are bad people on the Internet and they may misuse the "right of redress". It is ironic that the Internet Engineering Steering Group gave its approval for IETF attendees to "sign the blue sheets" by typing in their names in a web-based collaborative real-time editor which does not provide verification process.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://r.elandsys.com/r/69647
2. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-03