Re: "Management team"

Dear Mr Daley,
At 05:57 PM 19-04-2020, Jay Daley wrote:
Another way of looking at this is that the IESG have a set of responsibilities (delegated authorities if you prefer) as does the IETF Executive Director and as does the IRTF Chair, and if those get together to coordinate on how they do their work and do not exceed any of their responsibilities then why does that need a label or formal recognition? Or is it your view that a) the responsibilities have been exceeded; or b) this type coordination across roles needs community consensus approval before it is allowed to happen? Your note implies b) rather than a) which seems surprising so I suspect I'm just missing a nuance.

There is a policy (BCP) about the meeting stuff. It sets guidance for the IASA. Are you are referring to that as the delegated authority? There isn't anything in there about delegated authority for the IESG. The IETF LLC gets to decide whether the IESG should be part of some management team. A person operating at Management level is deemed to have understood the limits of his/her "authority".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy