Re: Usage of services without IPv6 Support

On 2020-04-21, at 20:26, Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, that argument ignores the concerns of many users who have abandoned github for valid reasons.

Hi Keith,

I’m curious; is there a writeup of these reasons somewhere?

> Why are those users' concerns irrelevant?

I have a lot of concerns about github, but it seems to me that they were reasonably addressed in the work of the git WG.

(I am much more concerned that I now find my self excluded from WG meetings that are run via Zoom, where there are quite strong concerns that certainly haven’t been addressed.)

> IETF really needs to transition away from github even if they started supporting IPv6 tomorrow.

I don’t agree.  I don’t even see a debate (beyond the concerns that were addressed).

Grüße, Carsten