Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

Yes, we are all worried.
The LLC (and I presume the IESG / IRTF / ...) are trying to do the right thing.

Jay has posted as set of evaluation criteria.
Given that "when enough of us think it is safe" is both a bad criteria and unusable, I applaud the efforts to write down and discuss with us those criteria.

While I understand the concerns in many of the notes, I am having trouble seeing how Jay or anyone else can translate those concerns into well-defined criteria that can be used to reach an appropriate decision.

I think I understand that folks have suggested different numbers in the criteria for whether there are incoming or outgoing isolation requirements. That part of the discussion is well-defined criteria. It is the rest of it that has me confused. I even sympathize with Ron's "some of us are at more risk than others". I just don't know how to translate that into criteria.

And no, asking the IETF members on the ground in a given place is not data. It is anecdotes.

Yours,
joel