Re: COVID-19 contacts tracker (Re: a brief pondering)

I am either misunderstanding the context of this thread, or I am missing an important technical point.

I get the potential value and complexity (in many dimensions including privacy) of Covid-19 trackers.

If the thread is intended to encourage folks as individuals to help with ongoing efforts to build such things, then okay, I can understand that. (Although that is not what I thought I read.)

If the goal is for the IETF to do something, I am missing the technical point. I do not see a protocol development or specification issue. The task has lots of hard parts. Most in the application space and in the data crunching spaces. (And probably other aspects that I am not noticing, but that are also not protocol issues.) What is the IETF task that is being asked for?

Yours,
Joel