Re: [Last-Call] Iotdir last call review of draft-ietf-roll-unaware-leaves-13

Shwetha Bhandari via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > 1. "The new "P" flag is defined only for MOP value between 0 to 6. "he new "P"
    > flag is defined only for MOP value between 0 to 6.  For a MOP value of 7 or
    > above, the flag MAY indicate something different and MUST NOT be interpreted as
    > "Root Proxies  EDAR/EDAC" unless the MOP specifies it : Given that currently on
    > 0 - 5 MOP are specified and should this be changed to  MOP 6 and above P flag
    > may indicate according to a future specification? 2.  Resizing of

For MOP=7, ROLL has a document "mopex" which lets us add expanded values.
Moving to mopex will in some ways be an RPL v2.0.

When we get there, the WG has made it clear that it would be up to the
definor of that mode to say which flags they want to keep or reuse.
We think that a lot of behaviours will be "given", and not need to be
signaled, so we'll get those flags back.

That's why we define it for MOP 0 to 6 only.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-