Re: Eliot Lear to Serve as RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair

Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing your concern. My concern or rather, maybe slightly pessimistic, expectation is that just rerunning the previous process immediately right now might not make it easier to pick a second chair or may even lead, in the worse case, to the same result again of not being able to select a second chair. My understanding of the decision made by the previous members of the IAB is that the main intention was to get things set up to the point where the actual work and discussion can start - meaning creating a program and having at least one person that manages it. Therefore I’m hoping that we can take at least a little more time to figure out the right process and timing without impacting the work negatively.

Mirja