Re: New Version Notification for draft-resnick-variance-00.txt

I see your point but think that the action should be published in an RFC regardless of how it's made and I think the means of taking the decision need to respect RFC 2026 as much as possible given the constraints.   However, I don't think it's necessary to wait for publication of the RFC before seating the nomcom.

Keith