Re: New Version Notification for draft-resnick-variance-00.txt

The main issue I have with this as written is that the process it
describes for making the exception can still take too long.  The
*best* we can do in the described process is a little more than four
weeks: publish a draft and immediately last-call it, allow the last
call to run for 4 weeks, then have an emergency IESG meeting to
approve it.  If everyone's on top of everything, that can get approval
in less than 5 weeks.  For *this* case, that would be enough if we did
not ALSO have to get this BCP approved.

There could be situations that are more urgent than that.  What if we
should encounter a situation that needed a decision in three weeks?

I would be happier, if we're going in this direction, to include an
escape for real time-sensitive emergencies that allows the IESG to
make a decision as necessary, with appropriate accountability to the
community for it.

Barry