Re: [107attendees] Where the action is, at virtual meetings ...

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 01:44:37PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 3/27/20 1:24 PM, Carrick Bartle wrote:
> >> As a 2-year newbie to IETF I have found it hard to get into the
> >> Jabber rooms for the meetings.
> >
> > As a <1-year newbie, I've also had difficulty with Jabber. When Adium
> > wasn't sending my messages, I ended up creating an entirely new
> > account and getting a different client, which worked once, but the
> > second time, I couldn't get into a room for unknown reasons until it
> > just magically worked about 10 minutes later.
>
> I hope that after this week, there will be some good work in wringing
> out the bumps and making test enviornments available.  Also if wg's
> interim virtual meetings were to use Jabber, more people will gain the
> needed skillls to guide new comers.

I will note that this meeting seems to have had enough load to induce
severe lag and maybe even full-on disconnections.  I am regularly in jabber
and hold a weekly meeting via jabber, but had to frantically engage an
alternate solution because my normal setup was not getting me all the
traffic in a timely fashion.  (I saw a couple other people comment about
lag, too, so at least that part is not just me.)

-Ben