US Travel ban

The US has just announced a travel ban from the EU. Travel from the UK is not banned yet but expect that to change in the next few days as the results come in from the expanded testing regime that was brought in a few days back.

This will almost certainly mean a lot of IETF-ers are now entitled to refunds as their US connections are cancelled. And most likely the airlines will be getting some sort of government financial support like they did in the wake of 9/11.

Canada has not yet followed suit but it is surely only a matter of days before they do. For planning purposes I would assume that there is a significant probability international travel is suspended entirely sometime next week. So we can probably expect further refund opportunities.