Re: Free (as in beer) webex

On 2020-03-04, at 09:06, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> not evil

Totally evil.  Corporate suicide level evil.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_sin level.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2019/07/zoom_vulnerabil.html

The problem was not that they had a backdoor (which is seriously bad already, but don’t we all have vulns).
The problem was that they pretended to have fixed it and then kept a hidden backdoor that allowed them to re-install their software surreptitiously while the computer owner thought they had uninstalled it.
We had to wait for Apple to release an OS fix that silently removed the zoom bridgehead.

You don’t do that and ever expect to be accepted back into the community.

Grüße, Carsten