Re: Free (as in beer) webex

Dear Carsten,
At 02:09 AM 04-03-2020, Carsten Bormann wrote:
The problem was not that they had a backdoor (which is seriously bad already, but don't we all have vulns). The problem was that they pretended to have fixed it and then kept a hidden backdoor that allowed them to re-install their software surreptitiously while the computer owner thought they had uninstalled it. We had to wait for Apple to release an OS fix that silently removed the zoom bridgehead.

I could not use WebEx due to a DNS issue. There isn't any dial-in coverage for my location. I looked at the updated country list. It only covers one country in Africa.

I share the concern which you mentioned above. I ended up having to use Zoom. I am aware that it does not work reliably in some countries. The dial-in coverage is also not adequate.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy