Free (as in beer) webex

Just as bit of information for folks about a change in Webex …

One of the concerns in the past has been access to local dial in numbers and cost of Webex. Due to COVID-19 situation, during this time, Cisco is making webex free for most places it operates and for meetings up to 100 people. You can find more details and the fine print at

https://blog.webex.com/video-conferencing/cisco-webex-supporting-customers-during-this-unprecedented-time/

The WebRTC version of webex works in my favorite browsers so no need to install anything proprietary.

Webex is preparing to add multiple billions of minutes of month more of capacity to the existing billions of minutes it currently sees (yah cloud and thanks to whoever designed this scaleable internet thing ).

I’m only providing this updated information as this tool is often used by IETF WGs. I’m perfectly happy if the IETF chooses to use hangouts, or zoom, or MS Teams, meet echo, or whatever you like - I am only providing some info about the greatly expanded ability to use a tool we often use. If you find this free tool helpful, great, if you do not, please forgive me for adding one more unhelpful message to this, uh words fail me, mailing list.