Re: Changes to the way we manage RFPs

Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > It would useful for me to understand why subscribing to rfp-announce is
    > not an option?  In the context of the IETF’s high usage of mailing
    > lists, this seems like a particularly low barrier to entry.

I think that Brian would like to see the awarding as part of a bigger IETF
LLC community oversight process.  Something that many people do in an
informal way, and while there are a half-dozen usual suspects, there are
probably another could dozen observers who aren't quite aware that they are
interested.   Some people just want to look out the kitchen window to see
that the kids are still in the yard.

The ietf-lastcall split has been good for ietf-announce volume, but I also
wonder if ietf@xxxxxxxx is the right place for followup and/or for community
engagement with the ietf-llc.   maybe there is another list needed. (maybe
there is already one I know not of)
I'm not sure here exactly: the IETF-LLC would post it's agenda and minutes to
such a list, but it would be open.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-