Re: Excessive use of interim meetings

On 2/16/20 6:21 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

Please report such cases to the relevant authority(ies) (responsible AD,
possibly ombudsteam, etc.).

The cases I'm aware of were for WGs that existed in the past. I'm not close enough to any current WG that's using interim meetings to know whether that's deliberately the case for any current WG.

However, the effect of interim meetings effectively limiting participation exists regardless of whether that effect is obvious or intended.

IMO, all WGs should be subject to a strict limit on interim meetings.   IMO this limit should be fairly small - say no more than 3 such meetings a year (spaced roughly between normal f2f meetings), and with no "interim" meetings held at such a time as to discourage attendance at normal f2f meetings.

Keith