RE: IETF 107 and Corona Virus? - timezone

One issue to consider about having  an entirely virtual meeting is what are the implication on participants in different time zone.
Attending  few scattered session may not be a big issue but if one wants to attend many sessions it becomes a problem.

My personal experience when trying to attend a QUIC WG Interim meeting in Japan was very bad.

1. The meeting time for me was from 2:00AM till 10:00 AM. (9:00-17:00 in Japan) for three days.
2. I used the lunch break to try to catch some sleep, due to lack of enough time to sleep
3. Starting at 2:00 AM did not provide enough time to have a healthy night sleep before starting my daily attendance.
4. The recovery from the "jetlag" was much slower than when attending the meeting in person.

My conclusion was that I will try to avoid as much as I can this mode of participating from remote in a meeting that takes a couple of days in which I have to attend multiple sessions.
It is not healthy.

One other advantage of a f2f meeting is the "official" and non-official off line sessions/meetings that I find very productive while attending the IETF meeting

If a full virtual meeting will happen and use Vancouver time zone than daily meeting from 9-18 will be 19-4AM for me

Roni Even