Re: IETF 107 and Corona Virus? - timezone

On 17-Feb-20 07:25, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Sunday, 16 February, 2020 07:37 +0000 "Roni Even (A)"
> <roni.even@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> One issue to consider about having  an entirely virtual
>> meeting is what are the implication on participants in
>> different time zone. Attending  few scattered session may not
>> be a big issue but if one wants to attend many sessions it
>> becomes a problem.
>>
>> My personal experience when trying to attend a QUIC WG Interim
>> meeting in Japan was very bad.
>
> Roni,
>
> As Stewart points out, different people react in different ways.
> However, at least in principle, attending a full-week meeting
> remotely should be no worse from a time zone standpoint than
> going in person if one just shifts onto the meeting time zone
> for the week.

Depending on one's family situation,  shifting onto a different
time zone at home may be even more disruptive and painful than travel.
And in fact, virtually impossible to explain to the rest of the
household.

Yes, I realise that shift workers have to deal with this, but shift
work is a terrible thing anyway.

Let's not kid ourselves that there is an easy answer here.

    Brian