Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-foudil-securitytxt-08.txt> (A Method for Web Security Policies) to Informational RFC

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:
    > Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
    > a message of 201 lines which said:

    >> Myself, I find the use a machine parseable file in format ".txt" to
    >> be counter-intuitive.  Others have said it should be .json, and that
    >> we should use JOSE to sign.

    > Strong *no* from me. The entire idea of security.txt was for it to be
    > simple to *write*, with ordinary tools, and no need to check the
    > syntax. Otherwise, adoption would probably suffer.

So, right now, it's machine parseable, so not easy to write.

    >> 2) it is .json, it is machine parseable, and is JOSE signed.

    > Pointers to software to create JOSE signatures from a JSON file are
    > welcome.

There are dozens of such pieces of code.
https://github.com/search?q=JOSE&ref=opensearch
Of the 12,000 results, on the first page of 10 results, 1 is because the
author is named Jose.  The rest are libraries to do exactly what you need.

    >> I think that foundil-securitytxt should go back to saag for discussion.

    > I disagree.

It would be great if you said what you want instead.
Do you want it to go forward as is? (machine parseable .txt)
Or just die?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-