Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-foudil-securitytxt-08.txt> (A Method for Web Security Policies) to Informational RFC

So, in summary, security.txt is useful for contacting companies' about their
products, rather than being useful to report problems about the web site
itself.

Most of the push back from the security review have assumed that the system
is only going to be used by researchers who find problems with the company
web site, and point out how the security.txt could be trojaned.
I find that view very narrow in thinking.

Myself, I find the use a machine parseable file in format ".txt" to be
counter-intuitive.
Others have said it should be .json, and that we should use JOSE to sign.
So my take is that either:

1) it is .txt, free-form intended for humans only, and a OpenPGP clear
   signaturature is appropriate.

2) it is .json, it is machine parseable, and is JOSE signed.

I have never encountered a /security URL myself, so I was unaware of any such
convention.  I see that it works for a few router vendors, approximately 1 in 4.

I think that foundil-securitytxt should go back to saag for discussion.

Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-