Re: AD workload [was Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback]

I have for a long time been uncomfortable with the level of document changes that happens after the document leaves the working group.

>From my perspective I would have preferred a document process, where the working group "owned" the document until publication.

For cross-area issues:
The responsible AD together with the chairs should identify cross-area conflicts and need for collboration earlier in the process. And as chairs/responsible ADs escalate cross area issues, those should be discussed in the IESG while document is in the working group.

If a document isn't good enough, the IESG should send it back to the working group. Not try to "fix" it themselves (often in a small group between chairs, authors and ADs).

Basically I want the IESG for leadership. I want the IESG for quality control. I do not want the IESG to have to read every document, nitpick or even (gasp) override working group consensus.

Executive summary: More leadership less document editing.

Cheers,
Ole