Re: AD workload [was Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback]

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 6:23 PM Mark Nottingham <mnot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 to the Brian's thoughts below.

I think this is one of the most important things we as a community need to address; we have a culture of expecting "heroes" to step up and take this job. That's going to bite us, sooner or later.

This message seems very correct to me.

A first step might be to evaluate the degree to which the IETF is viewed as a spec printer. I've been on the IETF list for 15 years (mostly silently), and I think most documents are pretty bad.

thanks,
Rob