Re: "community" for the RFC series

This is indeed where we may differ. I think that in setting up the
arrangements for stewardship of the series, we should consider all the ways
RFCs are used.

This reply isn't intended for anyone in particular, and is not in response to any particular message, but generally to the thread.

I agree that the set of users affected by the RFC series is, in the long run, very close to the entire human population.   But it seems odd that somehow more emphasis is being put on the importance of the RFC series editor, than on the importance of the technical contributions.   If the technical standards don't meet the needs of the broad Internet user population, how the RSE is operated hardly matters at all.

Keith