Re: "community" for the RFC series

> One quick addendum: researchers and educators. I know people
> personally who cite RFCs for research & teaching purposes, but
> don't participate at all in I*TF activities.

Yes, but again I struggle with the distinction between readership and
community. Would you say that an anthropologist reading the literature
of a foreign culture becomes part of the community for that culture? I
perceive these educators that you describe in much the same way, as
getting the production of a foreign body and studying them. I would only
feel a notion of "community" if they start engaging and trying to affect
the publication.

-- Christian Huitema