Re: [Int-area] Existing use of IP protocol 114 (any 0-hop protocol)

Hi, Eric,

On Sep 23, 2019, at 1:40 AM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyncke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now, it would nice to have a volunteer to write a document to finally document those “Any bla” protocol number by putting common sense restrictions/constraints on them (protocols 9/IGP, 61/host internal, 63/local network, 68/distributed FS, 99/private encryption scheme, 114/0-hop).

For the same reasons Bob mentions, I think this isn’t needed.

We don’t need to encourage playing with these code points for experiments; better a protocol designer go through the standards-track process, at which point they can either use one of these codepoints or get a new one.

Joe