Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

Hi Pete,
At 09:55 AM 14-09-2019, Pete Resnick wrote:
SM, I think you misunderstood the point of the new list. It's not for Last Call announcements; it's for Last Call discussion (i.e., individual Last Call comments, area review team reviews, and all of their respective replies). Those messages number 50 to 100 per month. Moving those messages to a separate list is the experiment.

Sorry for not being clear. The comment about announcements was about the ones which are usually sent to ietf@, e.g.
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/f7jzS-V6D4xIgXsGFELx1zx0Kn4
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/7q7vwduyP5JeLqm--YviPU-4uto

For what it worth, those messages do not generate that many responses. I understood [1] that the experiment was about moving those messages to a new mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. That does not mean that the clarification which you provided is not helpful.