Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

Hi Barry,

I followed the plenary meeting during which a few persons suggested that the Last Call messages be moved to another mailing list due to the volume of emails unrelated to Last Calls. The number of monthly Last Call emails is usually in the single digits. Every now and then the mailing list is used for announcements, e.g. blog posts, IAB call for comments, or some proposed change like the one which you sent. I find it odd that emails which could be described as announcements are sent to this mailing list when there is another mailing list for that purpose.

The issue, previously, was that a person sending a message to the mailing list might receive a scornful reply in response to an on-list comment. Will that be evaluated as part of the planned experiment?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy