Re: The Next Generation

Succession planning is normal. All WG and all structural entities need
a succession plan, even if the plan is simply to adhere to some model
of calling out for noms and accepting noms under a nomcom. And also
understanding "charter" and "end of life" in the same sentence(s).

Succession planning in documents is perhaps less normal but not so
abnormal I can't conceive of consciously choosing to ask younger
people from diverse contexts to engage.

If you call it succession planning and explicitly seek diverse people,
I feel like you're there. If you start nominating goals to diversity,
sure, that gets a bit heated, but can we accept the principle.

In geologic time, we're all stone. I have a succession plan at work I
am personally choosing to enact, why wouldn't I seek one here?

-G