Re: v3 format rollout schedule

On 28.08.2019 18:59, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
+1 to what Joel said.

But with the proviso that the RFC and ID formats are not something the
RFCInterest group should decide by themselves. It might be appropriate

It was called "design commitee", AFAIR. And in hindsight I agree that
the process didn't work that well. I'm not convinced that something else
would have worked much better though. Designing vocabularies is tricky
and invites bike-shedding. (Remember the Atom WG?).

to do a -bis on RFC7991 to reflect the state of the tools after the
initial rollout. But the format has to evolve to meet the needs of the
IETF as a whole, not just the interest group.

Absolutely. But then it also shouldn't evolve just based on the
preferences of the implementer, right? That's why I was asking for a
transparent process to revise 7991bis, after all.

Best regards, Julian