v3 format rollout schedule

Hola a todos!

The v3 format transition is almost here! As mentioned during the plenary at IETF 105, though, there was always a possibility that the tools and end-to-end processes might not be ready by end of August. There are two showstopper bugs from the RFC Editor perspective, involving <xref> section links and comments cutting off non-commented text. The developer has released fixes in 2.24.0 and 2.25.0 which are in the process of being tested. The timing has me pushing back the RPC target date to September 16.

Once the v3 transition happens, the community should expect several months of debugging and increased workload for both the RPC and the authors. Additional files will need to be checked, new artwork will need to be managed, and tooling bugs will need to be chased down and fixed.

As a reminder, here are a few important links to help keep people up to date on the transition and how to use the new features of xml2rfc:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php/design:format-implementation
https://www.rfc-editor.org/materials/FAQ-xml2rfcv3.html

Thanks much, and let me know if you have any questions.
Heather Flanagan, RSE