Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05.txt> (The IETF-ISOC Relationship) to Informational RFC

Hi Christian,

On 18 Aug 2019, at 05:02, Christian de Larrinaga <cdel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In Footnote of the draft it implies ISOC affiliates are included in definition of Internet Society?
>
> I'm pretty sure Chapters are not aware of this implication.

Can you clarify what you mean by "footnote"?

I can't find the text you're referring to. I don't find the words "affiliate" or "chapter" in the draft at all, for example. You refer to a definition of Internet Society that I also can't find: it seems to me that the phrase is for used in the first three words of section 1 and isn't actually defined at all.

Are you rather suggesting that there's a reasonable inference that "ISOC" as used in the document naturally incorporates chapters and other organisations associated with ISOC, and that it would be as well to clarify that point with explicit text?

Thanks,

Joe