Re: Improving reading of drafts and other documents

Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    > It also often helps to read drafts in an editor (I use emacs), so I can
    > use good keyboard shortcuts for scrolling, split-screen view, search,
    > marking, backtracking etc.  Haven’t got around to implementing section
    > folding…

I have two extra macros that create an "attention" stack.
  http://www.sandelman.ca/mcr/el/mcr-attention.el

In particular, it works across buffers/files.
This lets me mark (meta-shift-N) where I am as I go off to track down a
reference, and then pop back to where I was.  I should add something that
looks for "rfcXXXX" and takes me to that.

Alas, I don't use them as often as I ought to.

While the ctags system also has such a stack, I found I wanted two dimensions
of access.

Annoying while editing .xml or .mkd is that I often don't know the section
number I'm in (while reviewers tell me edits by section number).  So I have
to search by title.  And then, when entering targets for internal xref target=
I don't recall which anchors I've used, or if I used an anchor.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-