Re: Improving reading of drafts and other documents

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:13 PM Robert Moskowitz <rgm-ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is perhaps a different topic, but something that I would like to share.

How often are you, like me, going up and down in a draft or rfc to look
at and find things.  Lots of scrolling around perhaps like me.

After my accident, with my right arm in a sling and my right hand close
to useless, I needed an alternative to a mouse with a little scroll wheel.

I asked on the Fedora user list, as I am a long time Fedora user
(switched my notebook from CentOS to Fedora6 and since then CentOS is
servers only and Fedora my dayly adventure).  A number of cohorts on the
list recommended an optical trackball with a scrolling wheel.  Not only
did this make it possible for me to work left-handed, but I continue to
use it left-handed and keep my right hand on the keyboard.

A scrolling wheel (~7cm OD) makes moving up and down in a doc in any app
very quick and very low stress.

It does not travel well, but here at my desk, it makes a considerable
improvement to my frequent reading of docs and messages.

I am not going to 'sell' any particular brand or model.  There are a
number to choose from....

Take care, all.

Bob, you are one of a kind. No body else could be like you.

Keep it up man.

Behcet
Bob