Re: Improving reading of drafts and other documents

On Aug 13, 2019, at 21:59, Mary B <mary.h.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Trackpads are awful IMHO.  My hand is cramped after a short time doing that

If it’s an Apple trackpad, maybe you are holding it wrong.  SCNR.

More generally speaking, habits in correctly (or incorrectly) using input devices are more important than the devices themselves.  I try to teach beginning CS students to be very mindful about their work environment and how they use it.  That is, of course, hard to do when you are in the flow, but even the longest flow ends and that is a good time then for reflection on many levels whether you worked to the best of your abilities (and that includes reflecting on how your body feels and whether you used your devices right).

Yes, we are all different, but, speaking from the anecdotes I witness every week, most people who dislike trackpads have only tried the usual abysmal ones (Lenovo? OMG) or haven’t invested the time to actually become good in using them (given up too early or simply not considered that one needs to invest into one’s craft).

Grüße, Carsten