Re: Request for comments : IANA Policy for the Independent Stream

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 04:42:59AM -0700, RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel) wrote:
> Hello IETF Community,
>
> Several people have recently asked me what the policy is for creating or
> modifying IANA registries using documents in the Independent Submissions
> Stream, and from time to time a document in the stream requests allocation
> of a code point from an existing registry.
>
> This document is an attempt to describe how I will act (as Independent
> Submissions Editor) when I am asked to publish such documents.
>
> I would very much appreciate comments and thoughts.

Thanks for writing this up -- it seems pretty well thought-out (and
already got some good comments, too).

I do wonder, though -- isn't RFC 4846 from the IAB stream?  I'm not sure
whether the "Updates:" relationship is quite right, absent the standard IAB
review process being run.

-Ben