Request for comments : IANA Policy for the Independent Stream

Hello IETF Community,

Several people have recently asked me what the policy is for creating or
modifying IANA registries using documents in the Independent Submissions
Stream, and from time to time a document in the stream requests allocation
of a code point from an existing registry.

This document is an attempt to describe how I will act (as Independent
Submissions Editor) when I am asked to publish such documents.

I would very much appreciate comments and thoughts.

Best,
Adrian
--
Adrian Farrel (ISE),