Re: why is it still mandatary to have Jabber scribing for WG session given Etherpad can allow anyone to post questions?

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Nico Williams wrote:

That doesn't require scribing as it used to be. It's just someone (yes, we can call them scribes, but maybe the WG chairs can do this themselves) to mediate mic access.

I find it useful to have the jabber scribe relay the names of the people speaking in the mic line. This records the name and spelling of the person in the meetecho recording for easier understanding of who is speaking. The minute taker can also have the meetecho page up and see the jabber scribe typing in the name of the person speaking at the mic line.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/XRAe4hsKHTocAJ4Rc-kT5b2KZx0

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx