Re: why is it still mandatary to have Jabber scribing for WG session given Etherpad can allow anyone to post questions?

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019, Linda Dunbar wrote:

Installing Jabber is not easy. You have to find specific servers to download, and very often you are not really sure which one is legitimate.

You do not need a Jabber client. You can use the WebRTC enabled Meetecho webpage for the session and chat there. It's "the jabber room". It nicely combines the jabber room (the chat window in Meetecho), the video feed and the notes. It works in any modern browser/OS on a desktop OS.

I haven't used a jabber client to participate in IETF jabber room for 3-5 years now. I only use Meetecho. I've jabber-scribed probably 30 sessions this way.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx