Re: Should IETF stop using GitHub?

In article <731d7061-962b-e04a-b3f4-28bd402a78bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Yes, that's what I (mostly) get from the charter.  And yet, having a WG
>that produces output that tells WGs how to use GitHub has the effect of
>encouraging GitHub over other tools, and encouraging its use without due
>consideration for the risks that it appears to present, and this
>concerns me.

It's pretty clear that you're not persuading anyone else of the risk
that you believe github presents.  We know that Microsoft had a rather
casual approach to standards compliance 10 or 20 years ago, but that
was then, and the people involved now are all different.

Perhaps it would be more useful to try to make a better case rather than
just repeatedly telling everyone to stop.

R's,
John