Re: We gotta stop meeting like this

On 7/23/19 3:11 PM, Eric Gray wrote:

Also the current no-fee remote attendance is explicitly a temporary policy.

I'm using Meetecho this week (fortunately from the same time zone) and am delighted with it.  It's clear that there are real and significant costs associated with providing that service, that will someday have to be recovered if the service is to continue and use of it scales up.   I don't have a problem with that.   I agree that trying to force remote participation to be "free" when there are real and significant costs to be recovered, is probably misdirected.

Recovering costs is one thing.   However I do take issue with the notion that IETF participants should have to pay for the privilege of participating.

Keith