Re: Yang and embedded IANA registries: today's episode: draft-lhotka-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@xxxxxx> wrote:
    > The experience with other similar YANG modules indicates that the
    > process can actually work, see for example

    > https://www.iana.org/assignments/iana-if-type/iana-if-type.xhtml

    > For users of such modules, it is important to grab the latest revision
    > from IANA rather than use the initial revision that appeared in the
    > RFC. Perhaps this could be more strongly emphasized in the kick-off
    > RFCs.

    > While we can think about other procedures and mechanisms, I'd suggest
    > that we stick to the current procedure, until something better is
    > available.

To be clear... the current proceedure is:

  1) we publish an RFC with a YANG module in it, with the current IANA
     list from a registry in it.

  2) as part of the publication, IANA extracts the YANG modules and puts
     it into a repository.

  3) when IANA extends the registry, they update the YANG module.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [