Re: Filing a third-party IPR disclosure

Le 22/07/2019 à 15:55, Stewart Bryant a écrit :

I need to file a third partly IPR disclosure on work that I did with
a previous employer.

I went to the third party disclosure page and input the information
that I knew. I only know the Company, two of the inventors and the
subject. I do not know the patent number or date. The form used to
accept best effort disclosures like this, but now will not permit
submission without the patent number and filing date.

The form implies that failure to provide the patent number and date result in a non-conformant submission.

What is the correct method of disclosing IPR when you only have
partial information?

- Stewart

I would use the right keywords in a paying patent search engine, come up
with the document number(s) and circulate that publicly on the WG email
list, in a hope that the careful will do further search and
identification of relevance.

Also, I would report the red starred mandatory fields as a bug to the
implementers of the page (presumably datatracker-project@xxxxxxxx) on
grounds that the Third Party concept (Tiers États, fr.) carries an
approximation in itself: it means somebody else than the important ones;
given such an approximation it would make sense to approximate the
mandatoryness and remove some of the red stars.

As a last resort, I would fill in a number that is, or looks like, more
experimental (patent numbers follow a certain convention, they should
cover somehow dummy numbers, maybe something like "WO1970/000000 A1")
and as date I would put January 1st 1970, the Epoch.

Alex