Re: Evolving Documents (nee "Living Documents") side meeting at IETF105.)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:02 PM Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used "publish", then, as short-hand for "more stable than an I-D, less
> heavy-duty than an RFC" since we don't have a name for what that thing
> would be.

This, 'publish between an rfc and ID' is, I think, what the
living-documents/evolving-documents work was supposed to enable.
I was going to dither with John's suggestion of 7525 as an example,
mostly because TLS tends to get people's hackles up :) but.. actually,
because of things like:
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7525#page-11

this is a great example actually. The advice to set cipher suites and
other options for TLS has been changing quite a bit of late, having a
consistent location that's not 'rando website cipherl.st ?' seems like
a great plan, to me. If that location is able to keep up in close to
real time with all the various 'heartbleed' type problems so  much the
better. We should be making this simpler and easier to locate and
digest, right? and up-to-date to the best of our ability?