Re: And a third [was: A couple of opinion pieces]

>     No I don’t
>
>     A more interesting question is this: what happened to make the
>     openidc (to pick a random example) not even consider making RFCs
>     their publication ”format”.
>

> Now I'm confused.  If it's not desirable for other communities to
> publish RFCs, why does this question matter?

reading this again I understand why this would be confusing - let
me clarify:

- I personally think it would have been desirable to broaden the
use of the RFC series even at the expense of less IETF control. As
Brian remarked in one of his notes, the RFC series is the original
OA publishing channel - a thing of great value in itself.

- I don't know (but I don't expect) any outside organizations
or groups entertain any notions of a separate RFC stream by now.

- I think it might be a good idea to figure out why it is so
diffucult for us to attract communities to come and publish
on /our/ terms. Melissa has suggested IPR as one cause. There
are probably other reasons (discussion climate etc).

	Cheers Leif