Re: Too many tools, was Things that used to be clear

On 13.07.2019 16:45, Joe Touch wrote:
Yeah - something where the headings in Word turn into XML headings, etc. It looks like Phillip’s system might achieve the output conversion I’m looking for, but we may benefit from a .dotx template that shows better how to use it...

FWIW, I haven’t edited source code for documents since 1987 (Scribe, when at the SEI), and I don’t really understand why anyone does.

Because treating technical documents just like source code (ASCII,
source control, reviewing diffs) feels very natural to me as a programmer.

Best regards, Julian