Re: Too many tools, was Things that used to be clear

On Jul 13, 2019, at 1:06 AM, Stan Kalisch <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's also worth noting that Word has a history of contemporaneous versions for different OSes sometimes rendering documents differently.

Perhaps, but it’s been more stable for the core functions over the past 30 years than nearly anything else I’ve used. I can still open docs from 1988.

Besides, I’m only suggesting that use of .docx files be supported as authoring tools; the output can still be XML.

Joe